Archbishop William Crolly

[Archbishop William Crolly]
Profile

Ordained in 1806. Bishop of Down and Connor on 6 February 1825, and had the episcopal parish changed from Downpatrick to Belfast, where he founded Saint Malachy’s College. Archbishop of Armagh, Ireland on 8 May 1835; he established Saint Patrick’s Seminary and in 1841 laid the foundation stone and began work on the new cathedral.

Born

Died