Archdiocese of Gulu, Uganda

Founded as the Prefecture Apostolic of Equatorial Nile, Central Africa on 12 June 1923; entrusted to the Sons of the Sacred Heart of Verona. Elevated to a Vicariate Apostolic on 10 December 1934. Name changed to the Vicariate Apostolic of Gulu on 1 December 1950. Elevated to the Diocese of Gulu on 25 March 1953. Elevated to the Archdiocese of Gulu on 2 January 1999. Suffragen dioceses include

Notable bishops include

See also