Archdiocese of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh, Scotland

Initially founded before 900 and designated as an archdiocese in 1472. Re-established on 13 October 1653 as the Prefecture Apostolic of Scotland. Elevated to the Vicariate Apostolic of Scotland on 16 March 1694. Name changed to the Vicariate Apostolic of Lowland District on 23 July 1727, and then to the Vicariate Apostolic of Eastern District on 13 February 1827. Elevated to the Archdiocese of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh on 4 March 1878. Suffragen dioceses include

Notable bishops include

See also