- Cardinal Adrianus Johannes Simonis
- Cardinal William Enkewort
- Archbishop Andreas Ignatius Schaepman
- Archbishop Johannes Zwijsen
- Archbishop Pieter Mathijs Snickers
- Bishop Heinrich Pfalzgraf von Rhein
- Bishop Rudolf Graf von Diepholz
The diocese was effectively suppressed and its hierarchy forced into exile during the late 16th century due to the turmoil of the Protestant Reformation. The area was administered as an Apostolic Mission for nearly 300 years with the archdiocese finally restored as described above.