- Adalbero of Louvain
Born to the nobility. Brother of Count Godfrey Le Barbu of Louvain. Priest. Canon of Metz, France. Prince-Bishop of Liège, Belgium in 1123. Founded the abbey of Saint-Gilles near Liege.
- 1 January 1128 of natural causes
- buried at the foot of the altar in the church of the abbey of Saint-Gilles
- original tomb-stone destroyed when the church was burned by William of Orange in 1568
- new tomb-stone emplaced during renovations in 1646, but later covered by other construction
- grave and tomb-stone re-discovered during church renovations in 1892
- “Blessed Adalbero of Liège“. Saints.SQPN.com. 31 December 2013. Web. 22 October 2014. <>