Born to a poor family. Benedictine. As a youth he walked barefoot to Compostela, northern Spain, became a Camaldolese lay-brother, and lived forty years as a hermit walled up in his cell. His life was distinguished by simplicity, innocence, gentleness.
- 15 January 1325 of natural causes
- interred in the church of Saint Benedict in Gualdo Tadino, Italy
- relics transferred to a chapel in the local abbey church in 1343 by Blessed Alessandro Vincioli
- relics transferred to a new altar in the basilica of Saint Benedict on 16 April 1443
- “Blessed Angelus of Gualdo Tadino“. Saints.SQPN.com. 14 January 2015. Web. 4 March 2015. <>