- Ignacy Klopotowski
Born to a pious and patriotic family. He entered the Lublin seminary in 1883, and was ordained on 5 July 1891. Parochial vicar of the Conversion of Saint Paul parish. Chaplain of Saint Vincent’s hospital in 1892. Taught sacred scripture, catechetics, homiletics, moral theology and canon law at the Saint Vincent seminary for fourteen years. Vicar of the Lublin Cathedral from 1892 to 1894. Rector of the Greek Catholic Church of Saint Stanislaus in 1894. Founded an employment center in Lublin. Founded a professional school. Founded a home to help girls and women escape prostitution. Founded orphanages, and homes for the elderly. With the Congregation of the Handmaids of the Immaculate he founded a series of rural schools, which brought him persecution by the Russian authorities. Published several weekly and monthly newspapers, and in 1905 the magazine Polak-Katolik (Polish-Catholic). Moved to Warsaw in 1908 to increase the publications’ reach, and start new ones. With the help of the future Pope Pius XI, he founded the Congregation of the Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Loreto in Warsaw on 31 July 1920 to help with the publication work.
- 19 June 2005 by Pope Benedict XVI
- recognization celebrated by Cardinal Jozef Glemp in Pilsudski Square, Warsaw, Poland
- if you have information relevant to the canonization of Blessed Ignatius, contact
ul. Sierakowskiego 6
03-717 Warszawa, POLAND