Cistercian monastery near Elphin, Roscommon, Ireland, founded by Maurice O’Duffy in 1161. The church was consecrated in 1218. In 1235 the English forces under Fitzgerald and MacWilliam occupied the abbey and seized all its possessions, even stripping the monks of their habits. Under Elizabeth it was suppressed and its extensive lands confiscated, 1569. Among its famous abbots was Donagh mor O’Daly.