Holy Pillar

Article

The marble column at which Our Lord was scourged. Half of the original pillar is preserved in the church of Saint Praxedes in Rome, Italy, the remainder being in Jerusalem. The relic was transported to Rome from Jerusalem in 1223 by Cardinal John Colonna.

MLA Citation

  • “Holy Pillar”. New Catholic Dictionary. Saints.SQPN.com. 14 April 2012. Web. 21 November 2014. <http://saints.sqpn.com/holy-pillar/>