Dorsetshire, England. Built in 1588 and was in possession of the Weld family since. When the Trappists were driven out of France during the Revolution they were received in 1794 in Lulworth Castle, which was built on the site of a former Cistercian monastery confiscated by Henry VIII, and remained there for some years until the foundation of Mount Melleray in Brittany. John Carroll, the first bishop in the United States was consecrated in the chapel of the castle in 1790. The castle was destroyed by fire in 1929.