diocese of Belize City-Belmopan
Established as a mission, 1851, comprising the Crown Colony of British Honduras, Central America.
Elevated to the Prefecture Apostolic of British Honduras on 10 June 1888.
Elevated to the Vicariate Apostolic of British Honduras on 3 January 1893.
Renamed Belize, 15 December 1925.
Entrusted to the Jesuits of the Missouri Province.
Elevated to the diocese of Belize on 29 February 1956, a suffragan of Kingston.
Renamed to the diocese of Belize City-Belmopan on 31 December 1983.
New Catholic Dictionary