Eastern Vicariate Apostolic of Cape of Good Hope, Union of South Africa

British possession; formed, 1847, by division of the Vicariate of the Cape of Good Hope. Vicars Apostolic: Aidan Devereaux, Patrick Moran, J. Ricards, Peter Strobino, Hugh MacSherry (1896); residence at Port Elizabeth. Churches, chapels, and oratories, 50; priests, 52; schools, 48; Catholics, 13,500.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author