Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament
An enclosed congregation of nuns, a reform of the Dominican Order, founded in France by Father Anthony Le Quieu, for the perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
The first house was opened at Marseilles, 1659; another at Bollene shortly afterwards.
Marseilles, the original mother-house, was suppressed during the French Revolution, when the nuns were dispersed, but was reopened, 1816; the Bollene house also suffered, but resumed activities, 1802.
Some of the Bollene nuns founded a house at Cannington, England, 1863, which was later moved to Taunton, Somersetshire, where it still stands.
Convents of the Congregation are situated at Oxford, and near Newport, England; in Normandy and in the south of France; and at Hal, Belgium.
New Catholic Dictionary