Congregation of the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Founded at Hiltrup, Germany, in 1899, by Reverend Hubert Linckens, to assist the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart in their special field of labor, the South Sea Islands.
Later, their activities became more numerous and varied.
The Congregation in the United States is recognized under the official title, "Mission Workers of the Sacred Heart."
The order has 85 houses, including schools, hospitals, homes for aged, correction bomes, orphanages, and other institutions, in the United States, Germany, Oceania, Africa, and Australia.
The mother-house is at Reading, Pennsylvania.
New Catholic Dictionary