archdiocese of Dhaka, Bangladesh
The Vicariate Apostolic of Bengal was created in 1834 covering the missions of the Bengal district of India.
In 1850 the Vicariate was divided into East and West, with the Vicariage Apostolic of East Bengal headquartered in Dacca entrusted to the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Erected as the diocese of Dacca, India on 1 September 1886 as a suffragan of Calcutta, entrusted to the Congregation of the Holy Ghost, and comprised of several districts of Bengal and the native state of Hill Tipperah.
Elevated to the archdiocese of Dacca, India on 15 July 1950.
Bangladesh was granted independence from India in December 1971, and the name was changed to the archdiocese of Dacca Bangladesh.
The name was changed to the archdiocese of Dhaka on 19 October 1982.
Suffragen dioceses include
New Catholic Dictionary