Daughters of Divine Charity

A religious congregation founded in Vienna, 1868, by Franziska Lechner. The Sisters provide shelter, care, and means of obtaining a position for women who are trying to find employment; they also care for servants no longer able to work, and conduct schools. The congregation has approximately 20 houses, including residences for women and schools, in Austria, Hungary, Germany, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Poland, England, the United States, and South America. The mother-house is in Vienna; religious total about 2000.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author