diocese of Keetmanshoop, Namibia
Bounded north by the northern limits of the civil districts of Luderizbucht, Gibeon, and Rehoboth, west by the Atlantic Ocean, south by the Orange River, and east by the political boundary of Southwest Africa.
Established, 7 July 1909; entrusted to the Oblate Fathers of Saint Francis de Sales.
Elevated to the Vicariate Apostolic of Great Namaqualand on 14 July 1930.
Name changed to the Vicariate Apostolic of Keetmanshoop on 13 January 1949.
Elevated to the diocese of Keetmanshoop, Namibia on 14 March 1994.
New Catholic Dictionary