diocese of Churchill-Hudson Bay, Canada

Established as the Prefecture Apostolic of Hudson Bay, Canada on 15 July 1925 from the northern portion of the Vicariate of Keewatin as a suffragan of Saint Boniface. Elevated to the Vicariate Apostolic of Hudson Bay on 21 December 1931. Elevated to the Diocese of Churchill on 13 July 1967. Name changed to the Diocese of Churchill-Hudson Bay on 29 January 1968. Suffragen of the archdiocese of Keewatin-Le Pas. See also:
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author