archdiocese of Hyderabad, Pakistan

Erected as the Vicariate Apostolic of Hyderabad, India in 1851, bounded east by the Bay of Bengal, north by the River Godavari, west by the Bombay Presidency, and south by the Tungabhadra and Kistna rivers, as a suffragan of Madras. Elevated to the diocese of Hyderabad on 1 September 1886; entrusted to the Society of Foreign Missions, Milan, and secular clergy. Elevated to the archdiocese of Hyderabad on 19 September 1953. See also:
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author