Institute of Bon Secours (Paris)

Founded by Archbishop de Quelen of Paris, in 1822. The order received legal recognition under the title of "The First Association of Nursing Sisters in France"; definitively approved by the Holy See, 1875. They nurse the sick in their own homes (the poor gratuitously) and conduct 28 houses, including hospitals, clinics, orphanages, day nurseries, homes for crippled children, convalescents, and incurables, and schools in France, England, Ireland, and the United States, the American novitiate being at Baltimore. The mother-house is in Paris.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author