Institute of Brothers of Our Lady of Mercy

Founded at Mechlin, 1839, by Canon J. B. Cornelius Scheppers for the instruction and care of prisoners and of the sick; constitutions approved, 1872. Since 1855, when they were invited to London by Cardinal Manning, they have established themselves in the archdioceses of Westminster and Cardiff, and the dioceses of Brentwood and Portsmouth. The mother-house is at Mechlin.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author