Institute of Mission Helpers; Servants of the Sacred Heart
A community first founded under the name of Mission Helpers, Daughters of the Holy Ghost, for the catechizing of Negro children, by Mrs Hartwell in Baltimore, 1890.
The name was changed to its present title in 1895 and the members were dispensed from the vow limiting their work to Negroes.
The community now has houses, day nurseries, industrial schools, and schools for the deaf in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The mother-house and novitiate are at Towson, Maryland.
New Catholic Dictionary