Institute of Our Lady of Charity of the Refuge
Founded by Saint John Eudes at Caen, France, 1641, under the name Our Lady of Refuge, for the reformation of immoral women and the preservation of those in danger of sin.
In 1835 a branch, the Religious of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd of Angers, was established.
The Sisters take a special vow devoting themselves to the reformation of fallen women.
The order has establishments in France, England, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Austria, Canada, and the United States.
The houses are independent of one another.
New Catholic Dictionary