Institute of the Brigidines; Sisters of Saint Brigid

Founded by Most Reverend Doctor Delaney, at Tullow, Ireland, 1807, for the instruction of children and of adults in Christian Doctrine, and for the work of general education. The Congregation has (approximately) 30 houses, including primary, secondary, and boarding schools in Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. The mother-house is at Tullow.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author