Institute of the Divine Compassion

Founded in New York City, 1873, by Right Reverend Thomas Preston, for the reformation of erring girls, and the religious, mental, and industrial training of girls in moral danger from ignorance, indolence, waywardness, or dangerous influences. The order has six houses, including a college, an academy, two schools, a Catholic Girls' Club, and a house of religious instruction, all in the Archdiocese of New York. The mother-house is located at White Plains, New York.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author