diocese of Iringa, Tanzania

Established 3 March 1922 as Prefecture Apostolic of Iringa, Tanganykia by division from the Vicariate of Dar-es-Salaam. It included the districts of Ugogo and Ubehe, and was entrusted to the Consolata Missionaries of Turin. Elevated to the Vicariate Apostolic of Iringa on 8 January 1948. Elevated to the diocese of Iringa on 25 March 1953. See also
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author