diocese of Kandy, Sri Lanka

Comprises 2,222 square miles of the Central and Uva provinces of Sri Lanka (former Ceylon) Erected as the vicariate apostolic of Kandy on 20 April 1883. Elevated to the diocese of Kandy on 1 September 1886, a suffragan of Colombo. Entrusted to the Benedictines of the Congregation of Saint Silvester, Abbot. See also:
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author