(early English: lamb-hythe, haven)
A southern metropolitan borough of London, acquired by the See of Canterbury in the 12th century.
The palace of the archbishop is still located there, though the portion now in use dates only from 1834.
At Lambeth Palace the conferences of all Anglican bishops have been held every ten years since 1867.
Though their resolutions have not the force of law, they have profoundly influenced Anglicanism, especially in its relation to missionary matters, church unity, etc.
New Catholic Dictionary