archdiocese of Monrovia, Liberia

Established as the Prefecture Apstolic of Liberia on 18 April 1903, comprising the republic of Liberia, and entrusted to the African Missionaries of Lyons. Elevated to the Vicariate Apostolic of Liberia on 9 April 1934; name changed to the Vicariate Apostolic of Monrovia on 2 February 1950. Elevated to the Archdiocese of Monrovia on 19 December 1981. See also:
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author