archdiocese of Madras and Mylapore, India

Comprises 1,220 square miles in and around the city of Madras. Established 1 September 1886 as the archdiocese of Madras, entrusted to Saint Joseph's Society, Mill Hill, and secular clergy. United with the diocese of São Tomé of Meliapore on 13 September 1952 and the name changed to the archdiocese of Madras and Mylapore. Suffragan sees: See also:
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author