diocese of Meru, Kenya

Comprises the civil Districts of Embu and Meru. Founded on 10 March 1926 as the prefecture apostolic of Meru, Province of East Africa by division from the Vicariate of Kenya. Entrusted to the Foreign Missionaries of Turin. Elevated to the diocese of Meru, Kenya on 7 May 1953 as a suffragan of of the archdiocese of Nyeri. See also,
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author