Missionaries of La Salette
Founded, 1852, at the shrine of Our Lady of La Salette by Monsignor de Bruillard, to care for the pilgrims frequenting the mountain.
In 1876 they became a religious congregation proper and in 1890 were approved by Rome.
Five missionaries with fifteen students arrived in the United States, 1892, and established themselves in the Diocese of Hartford, Connecticut.
They received a parish in the Springfield Diocese, 1894, and another in Danielson, Connecticut, 1895.
Settling in the diocese of Sherbrooke, Quebec in 1902, they were placed in charge of a parish at Stanstead, Quebec, and in the Archdiocese of New York, a parish at Phoenicia, Ulster County, was entrusted to them.
There is a separate province with headquarters at Forget, Saskatchewan.
Additional foundations were made in Belgium, Madagascar, Poland, and Brazil, and their constitutions were approved, 1909.
The spirit of the community is one of prayer and sacrifice and the students of the Apostolic schools are trained chiefly to combat the great crimes of the day, especially those denounced by the Blessed Virgin at La Salette.
See also these Missionary provice sites,ds
New Catholic Dictionary