Missionaries of the Consolata of Turin
Institute founded at Turin in 1901 by Canon Giuseppe Allamano, to train foreign missionaries for the evangelization of Africa.
Within three years after the foundation of the order, twelve stations were established among the uncivilized natives of the Kenya district, which in 1905 was erected into an independent mission, and in 1909 into a vicariate Apostolic.
So successful was this first mission, that the Prefecture of Kaffa in southern Abyssinia was erected in 1913 and entrusted to the missionaries of the Consolata.
Later these missionaries were invited to the Prefecture Apostolic of Iringa and the Vicariate Apostolic of Dar-es-Salaam.
The motherhouse is at Turin.
New Catholic Dictionary