diocese of Lilongwe, Malawi
Founded as the Prefecture Apostolic of Nyassa, Nyassaland Protectorate, central Africa on 31 July 1889; entrusted to the White Fathers.
Elevated to the vicariate apostolic of Nyassa on 12 February 1897.
Its limits were changed in 1903, 1913, 1926, 1937 and 1947.
Name changed to the Vicariate Apostolic of Likuni on 12 July 1956, and then to the Vicariate Apostolic of Lilongwe on 20 June 1958.
Elevated to the diocese of Lilongwe, Malawi on 25 April 1959.
Suffragen of the archdiocese of Blantyre.
New Catholic Dictionary