archdiocese of Nyeri, Kenya

Founded as the Mission "Sui Iuris" of Kenya on 14 September 1905. Elevated to the vicariate apostolic of Kenya on 12 July 1909 and entrusted to the Foreign Missionaries of Turin. Name changed on 10 March 1926 to the vicariate apostolic of Nyeri. Elevated to the diocese of Nyeri on 25 March 1953. Elevated to the archdiocese of Nyeri on 21 May 1990. Suffragen dioceses include See also
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author