Pardons of Brittany
Feasts of patron saints of churches, at which an indulgence is granted and where pilgrims gather to spend the day in prayer, beginning with early Mass and a procession around the church.
There are five kinds:
The Pardons begin in March and end in October and are most frequent between Easter and Michaelmas Day (29 September).
- Saint Yves at Treguier, the Pardon of the poor
- Our Lady of Rumengol, the Pardon of singers
- Saint Jean-du-Doigt, the Pardon of fire
- Saint Ronan, the Pardon of the mountain
- Saint Anne de la Palude, the Pardon of the sea
New Catholic Dictionary