archdiocese of Pondicherry and Cuddalore, India

Founded as the Vicariate Apostolic of Coromandel Coast in 1836. Elevated to the diocese of Pondicherry on 1 September 1886 and entrusted to the Foreign Missions of Paris. Elevated to the archdiocese of Pondicherry on 7 June 1887. Name changed to the archdiocese of Pondicherry and Cuddalore on 7 August 1953. Suffragan dioceses include: See also,
New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author