Priests of the Most Precious Blood

Association of secular priests living in community but not under vows. Founded at Giano, Italy in 1815 by Saint Gaspare del Bufalo for the purpose of giving missions and retreats. In 1870 the Italian Government suppressed 25 houses. Introduced into America in 1844 by Reverend Francis de S. Brunner. The mother-house at Rome.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author