Saint Christopher

Dependency of the British Empire, in the British West Indies, administered by a nominated Executive Council and a Legislative Council. The island was evangelized by French Capuchins who built a monastery here in 1626. Banished in 1646, they were replaced by Jesuits from Martinique, and later by Carmelites. Ecclesiastically, Saint Christopher belongs to the Diocese of Roseau on the Island of Dominica.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author