Saint Joseph's Society of the Sacred Heart; Josephite Fathers
Congregation which began its labors in 1871 when four priests from Mill Hill were assigned to Saint Francis Xavier's Church at Baltimore.
It became independent of Mill Hill in 1892, and under its present title established its headquarters at Baltimore.
It was originally composed of secular priests working with slaves freed by the United States Civil War.
The Society conducts Saint Joseph's Seminary, Baltimore; Epiphany Apostolic College, Newburgh, New York; Saint Joseph's Industrial School, Clayton, Delaware, and an agricultural trade school.
The Colored Harvest, published bi-monthly at Baltimore, is the official organ of the society.
New Catholic Dictionary