Sisters of Charity of Jesus and Mary

A congregation founded by Father P. J. Triest in Ghent, Belgium in 1803, for teaching the young and nursing the infirm. The constitutions are taken from the Rules of Saint Bernard and Saint Vincent de Paul. The congregation manages boarding and day schools, institutes for the deaf, dumb, and blind, hospitals, sanitariums, homes for aged and incurables, mental hospitals, and orphanages, in Belgium, Holland, England, Congo, and India. The motherhouse is at Ghent.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author