Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth

A community founded by Sister Xavier Ross in 1858, a member of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth, for the education and care of children and the care of the sick, in the unexplored territory of the West, where they accompanied the pioneer settlers. Their Rule is principally that of Saint Vincent. The institute manages schools, academies, a junior college, a hospital school, orphanages, hospitals, and a sanitariuml in the United States and Peru. The motherhouse is at Leavenworth. They maintain a web site.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author