Sisters of Charity of Saint Paul

A religious congregation founded at Chartres, France in 1704, by Monsignor Marechaux assisted by Mlle de Tilly and Mlle de Tronchet, for teaching, visiting and nursing the poor, and caring for orphans, the aged, and the insane. In 1847 the sisters were introduced into England where they now have an independent branch. The sisters conduct schools, hospitals, asylums, dispensaries, orphanages, and creches, in France, Ireland, England, the French colonies, Thailand, and the Philippine.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author