Sisters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul (Newark)
A community founded in 1859 at Newark, New Jersey at the request of Bishop Bayley by Mother Mary Xavier Mehegan who had previously been a member of the Sisters of Charity in New York, and whose habit and constitutions were retained.
The work consists chiefly of teaching but also includes the care of the poor and sick in charitable institutions.
The community manages schools, a college, hospitals, and orphanages, in the United States and China.
The mother-house is at Convent Station, New Jersey.
New Catholic Dictionary