Sisters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul (Paris)
Congregation founded in Paris, France in 1633 by Saint Vincent de Paul, Blessed Louise de Marillac, and Mlle Le Gras for the practise of works of charity among the poor.
Their official title is Daughters of Charity, Servants of the Sick Poor.
Saint Vincent drew up a Rule for them.
Mother Seton introduced the community into the United States in 1809, founding a house in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
The community manages homes, day nurseries, schools, colleges, hospitals, a leper home, social service centers, and moral reconstruction centers, in China, Persia, Syria, Palestine, Abyssinia, Algeria, Egypt, Congo, Madagascar, Tripoli, Tunis, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, the United States, West Indies, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Australia, throughout South America and every country of Europe except Sweden and Russia.
The mother-house is in Paris, France.
New Catholic Dictionary