Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word

Congregation founded at Galveston, Texas by Bishop Claude Dubuis in 1866 for the education of the young, and the care of the aged, the sick, and orphans. The congregation has schools, hospitals, and orphanages, in the United States, Mexico, and Ireland. The mother-house is at San Antonio, Texas.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author