Sisters of Christian Charity

Also known as Daughters of the Blessed Virgin Mary of the Immaculate Conception. An institute founded at Paderborn, Germany in 1849, by Pauline von Mallinckrodt, for the instruction of the poor and the care of the blind. The congregation has schools, academies, colleges, hospitals, an orphanage, and other charitable institutions in the United States, South America, and Europe. The mother-house is at Rome.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author