Sisters of Divine Providence (San Antonio)

Founded at Castroville, Texas, in 1866, by Sister Saint Andrew from the Congregation of the Sisters of Divine Providence of Lorraine at the request of Bishop Dubuis of Galveston. The mother-house was transferred to San Antonio. Their primary purpose is teaching. The order has a house of studies, a college, parochial schools, and academies, all in the United States.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author