Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Boston)

Established at Jamaica Plain in 1873, from the Brooklyn foundation at the request of Father Thomas Magennis; novitiate opened at Jamaica Plain in 1876, and after three transfers, established at Framingham, Massachusetts, mother-house at Brighton. The congregation manages parochial schools, academies, a college, trade school, homes for women, adolescents, and working-girls, in the archdiocese of Boston, at Sierra Madre, and Los Angeles.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author