Sisters of Saint Joseph -(Brooklyn)

Founded in 1856 at Williamsburg, Long Island, New York at the request of Bishop Loughlin of Brooklyn, from the Philadelphia community; transferred to Flushing in 1860. The mother-house is now in Brentwood, New York. The congregation manages parochial and trade schools, academies, a college for women, hospitals and orphanages, all in the diocese of Brooklyn.

New Catholic Dictionary

NCD Index SQPN Contact Author